Production Execution Workshop
Balance Flow – Unbalance Capacity!
There are two main reasons why many manufacturers’ costs are too high, output is too low, lead times are too long and delivery dates are unreliable.
- The belief that the best way to optimize a production line is to reduce waste everywhere and balance its capacity
- The belief that a resource standing idle is a major waste
Unfortunately, both of these common beliefs are completely faulty.
In order to produce significantly more, in much shorter lead times and relaibly on-time, production should be managed according to three simple rules:
- Unbalance the production line and maximize the output of only one resource
- Choke the release of Work-in-Process allowed in the plant
- Focus continuous improvement on the reasons that most often hinder flow
To print or download this workshop information please click Production Execution Workshop